This workshop provides operations and maintenance engineers and field technicians in pipeline companies with the knowledge to establish and manage an intelligent pigging program that contributes optimum value toward improved pipeline integrity. This workshop is directed towards operations and maintenance engineers, and field technicians in pipeline companies who establish, manage, supervise and generally conduct in-line inspection surveys using intelligent pigs. In this 3-day program, attendees will participate in hands-on sessions along with classroom training.
Attendees will receive 18 Professional Development Hours (PDH) upon completion
Learn the basics of in-line inspection (pigging), including:
- operation considerations including pig passage confirmation, pressure, flow velocity
- demonstration and participation in launching, tracking and receiving ILI tools
- pipeline cleaning for better ILI results
- the technology behind deformation, mapping, corrosion and crack detection ILI tools, an introduction to viewing ILI results
- methods to assess corrosion, cracking and steel properties such as SMYS in the ditch
- codes and standards applicable to in-line inspection
Who Should Attend
Operations and maintenance engineers and technicians who participate in the use of in-line inspection tools for assessing pipeline integrity. This includes;
- Engineers and field technicians
- Upstream and Midstream personnel
- New to the pipeline industry and seasoned professionals with only some ILI experience
- Liquid and natural gas operators
Registration fee includes:
Breaks, continental breakfast and lunch each day, and all workshop materials.
*Please email Martha Stedman if you have any specific dietary requirements.
November 1, 6:30 pm (Location TBD): Hosted by Nick Landon, Coastal Chemical/Brenntag
November 2, 6:30 pm (Location TBD): Hosted by Chuck Harris, TDW
TDW Technology Center
6801 South 65th West Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74131-2444
SGA will be providing shuttle bus transportation daily between the Hampton Inn & Suites, Tulsa Hills and the TDW class site as well as the two off-site dinners. See Agenda for Shuttle Schedule.
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa Hills
7004 S. Olympia Ave. West
Tulsa, OK, 74132
Reservations: Please make reservations with the hotel directly by calling 918-340-5000.
Meet the Instructors:
Bruce Nestleroth, ROSEN
Bryce Brown, ROSEN
Chuck Harris, TDW
Tod Barker, TDW
Daniel Ringer TDW
Greg Donikowski, TDW
Dane Burden, TDW
PJ Robinson, TDW
Jeremy Young, TDW
Matt Logan, TDW
Nicholas C. Landon, Coastal Chemical/Brenntag
Rusty Jackson, Quest Integrity Group