The Pipeline Safety Council will consist of senior delegates from member companies who will advance pipeline safety for transmission, midstream and distribution operating companies. The Council will provide leadership while working with operators and stakeholders to enhance the safe operation of our pipelines by focusing in the two primary areas of: Pipeline Incident Review and Application of Best Practices and Technology. Core to the Council’s resolution will be the sharing of operator actions in response to events and their experience from adoption of new technologies and processes. The Council will encourage and support smart practices and lessons learned in an open, collegial and learning environment.
- The ultimate deliverable of the Council is to develop and foster an environment of sharing and learning among industry participants resulting in the operation of the natural gas delivery infrastructure without incidents.
- Commitment to safety as a critical component to continuously improving the industry’s operational and financial performance.
- Pursue the improvement of knowledge management to ensure members learn from past incidents, experiences and current practices.
- Commitment to expanding integrity management standards beyond regulatory requirements.
- Educate stakeholders to understand the importance and value of reducing risk and improving pipeline safety.
- Feb 2021– SGA’s Pipeline Safety Council announces the opening of application to participate in PSMS Tactical Guides
The Council will meet as necessary to assure the mission is accomplished and deliverables are completed.
- Incident Free natural gas delivery system
- Continuous pipeline safety improvement.
- Compliance with current regulatory requirements and exceeding requirements to ensure safety.
- Knowledge Management through industry wide communications of current practices and post-incident actions.