This 3.5-day workshop takes you through the pipeline design process from pipe sizing to post-construction record keeping. The workshop is built around team activities that provide classroom instruction and all steps in the design cycle based on a real-life pipeline design project. This workshop will address the upcoming Mega Rule Changes including discussions of the new requirements, and a review of situations when the new requirements would be triggered. In addition, what is TVC (Traceable Verifiable and Complete) and the newest technologies available to meet requirements
During this workshop, we will provide:
- An overview of gas transmission pipeline systems and related facilities
- An understanding of gas pipeline regulatory code requirements
- Recognition of the importance of good project design requirements
- The fundamental knowledge you need to design and specify gas pipelines and components
Topics will include:
Attendees will qualify for 21 Professional Development Hours (PDH) upon completion.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers responsible for pipeline design or providing pipeline O&M support
- Managers responsible for pipeline operations and maintenance
- Marketing and support staff who can benefit from an overall understanding of design requirements for gas pipelines
- Employees of companies who provide technical services and products to the gas pipeline industry
- Fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and beverage breaks
- Meeting materials will be sent ahead via email to attendees for downloading.
- All attendees will need to bring a scientific calculator for this workshop and their laptop for access to materials.
- For Registration Information Please Contact Member Services
- For Content Information Please Contact Martha Stedman
When & Where
May 7–9: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, CST
May 10: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM, CST
2800 Post Oak Blvd.
Houston, TX 77056
Credly Digital Badge
Level 2 Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline Design Specialist
SGA has partnered with Credly, the leader in digital credentials, to certify the recipients have demonstrated a working understanding of transmission pipeline design principles and standards. They have satisfactorily completed twenty-one development hours to understand how pipeline design fundamentals impact efficiencies, cost, integrity management, pipeline safety, construction and compliance.
Level 2 Natural Gas Transmission Pipeline Design Specialists with this credential have demonstrated a working understanding of transmission pipeline design principles and standards. They have satisfactorily completed twenty-one development hours to understand how pipeline design fundamentals impact efficiencies, cost, integrity management, pipeline safety, construction and compliance.
Meet Your Instructors
Rob Friesen, P.E., P. Eng. with Farnsworth, Group Inc.
Rob has over 30 years of experience in the natural gas transmission and distribution pipeline industry. His tenure includes consulting engineering and operating company positions in both Canada and the U.S. Throughout his career, Rob has fulfilled roles in design engineering, project management, operations support and management.
Doug Bonner, P.E. Principal, Oil & Gas with Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Doug serves as National Strategy Manager for Farnsworth Group’s Oil & Gas services and has more than 20 years of experience in leadership and management. While currently managing multi-discipline teams responsible for the completion of oil & gas projects, Doug’s responsibilities have included all phases of project development ranging from conceptual through design, implementation and project closeout across a variety of market sectors. Doug draws on a vast background of industry experience gained through valuable time spent in engineering and construction roles, including many years working for operating companies.