As a hydrocarbon, natural gas consists primarily of methane and a host of additional hydrocarbons such as ethane, propane, butane, pentane, and higher hydrocarbons. In modern-day consumption, our world would be negatively impacted by the loss of our versatile use and necessity of natural gas as an energy technology.
In this one and half hour session, Bill Cantrell dissects the realities of how we think about our energy – from history, evolution, and innovation to a forward-facing and positive future.
Attendees will receive 1 Professional Development Hour (PDH) upon completion.
- Familiarize yourself with natural gas as a hydrocarbon energy.
- Learn key talking points that position natural gas as an energy technology, imperative for modern-day and future consumption.
- Identify energy challenges and utilize actions that result in solutions.
- Know energy realities as it relates to all forms of energy resources.
Who Should Attend
- Employees in any discipline: engineering, marketing, financial, etc.
- Employees with any level of experience, although the more experienced employee would get more value.
- Anyone who wants to understand the industry more deeply
- Those who want to be better equipped to converse about the industry and relay how important natural gas is
Meet Your Instructor
With more than 40 years of experience, Bill has become a trusted leader across the energy industry and developed a passion for working to advance the field. Before joining SGA, Bill was president and chief executive officer at SourceGas, now part of Black Hills Corp., an SGA member company. In 2009, he led SGA as chairman of the board of directors. Bill worked for TECO Energy for over 34 years, with the last 12 years serving as President of Peoples Gas. He received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Tampa and a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology.