This 2 half-day workshop provides practical information about the natural gas industry. A broad range of subjects will be covered, from exploration and production to the latest technology and issues impacting the industry.
Attendees will receive 8 Professional Development Hours upon completion.
- Overview of the Natural Gas Industry
- Understanding of the major regulatory bodies & trade associations
- Process overview of natural gas exploration, production, pipeline transmission & operations
- Natural Gas Markets & the ratemaking process insights
- Industry Segments- producers, pipelines, gas supply marketers & local distribution companies
- Exploration & production
- The natural gas pipeline transportation system
- Local distribution company LDC operators
- Regulatory agencies- local, state & federal
- LDC sales & marketing
- Environmental & safety issues
- Common terms, definitions & acronyms
- Future trends in the energy industry
Who Should Attend
Anyone new to the natural gas industry or new to a job function, or anyone needing an overview of the gas industry will benefit by attending.
Meet the Instructor
President & CEO, Southern Gas Association
Suzanne Ogle is President and CEO of the Southern Gas Association. As CEO she helps SGA members overcome the challenges, they face operating in the natural gas industry and navigating public perception. With her entrepreneurial mindset and wide range of experience across the natural gas value chain from service, to exploration and production, midstream and transmission she focuses on business process, optimization and effective communication to prepare the SGA members for resilience and innovation in an industry in transition.
Suzanne is an Accredited Public Relations and Certified Investor Relations professional. She holds an Advanced Marketing certificate from Southern Methodist University, as well as Finance Management, Business Analytics and Change Management certificates from Cornell University and an Executive Leadership for Energy Professionals certificate from the University of Houston. She received a Master of Education in educational psychology and a Bachelor of Arts in business marketing from California Lutheran University.