This workshop will discuss the trenchless technologies of Horizontal Directional Drilling and Direct Pipe for pipeline installations. It will include discussion of engineering design considerations, routing, hydraulic fracture, equipment and tooling, steering capabilities, fluid management, construction execution and risk mitigation.
- To better understand trenchless methods for pipeline installation to improve routing and design of trenchless projects, reduce construction risk, and increase the likelihood of project success.
- To gain an understanding of fluid management methods and procedures for trenchless construction to reduce risk.
- To increase awareness of emerging technologies and applications for trenchless pipeline installation.
- Drilling and the Construction Process
- Planning and Routing with GIS Pro
- Tooling and Equipment,
- Evaluation and Design process
- Hydraulic Fractures
Attendees will qualify for 6.75 Professional Development Hours (PDH) upon completion
Who Should Attend
Construction Project Managers, Pipeline Engineers, Environmental Professionals, Safety Representatives, Routing, Procurement and Permitting Personnel of all levels of experience.
Meet the Instructors
Andrew Sparks PE | Principal Geotechnical Engineer, Director of Engineering – Integrated Trenchless Engineering, Inc.
Drew is a geotechnical engineer with 24 years of experience and is a registered professional engineer in 26 states. He has 16 years of experience in designing Horizontal Directional Drill and Direct Pipe® projects up to 48-inches in diameter and lengths over 12,000 feet.
Drew worked on a team of engineers to develop a design procedure for Direct Pipe® design as well as developed a proprietary software program to evaluate the hydraulic fracture and drilling fluid surface release risk for Horizontal Directional Drill crossings.
Drew received his B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering and a M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering from Brigham Young University. Drew currently holds the position of Secretary for the ASCE Manual of Practice Committee for Direct Pipe® and serves on the Board of Directors of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT).