The votes are in, and we are delighted to announce the finalists in the Southern Gas Association’s Industry Excellence Awards. The Industry Excellence Awards are an annual industry and peer recognition program recognizing best-in-class programs that can be used as a model for others. Southern Gas Association member companies of all types and sizes throughout North America submitted initiatives in six categories: community service, corporate communications, safety and health, engineering innovation, emergency management, and ESG. The awards recognize the natural gas industry’s best initiatives across the natural gas value chain.
“A huge congratulations to everyone named. Just making it onto the Industry Excellence Awards shortlist is an achievement, and the competition has been fierce with more than 60 nominations. Well done to all involved,” said Suzanne Ogle, Southern Gas Association President, and CEO. “The submissions were reviewed and voted on by nearly 1,600 industry professionals, so to be named a finalist is an industry-wide endorsement.”
The 2023 finalists, in no particular order, are:
- Atmos Energy Fueling Safe and Thriving Communities: Honoring Our Heroes
- Atmos Energy Fueling Safe and Thriving Communities: Helping Our Communities Stay Warm
- INNIO Waukesha Gas Engines, Inc. Waukesha Engine Supports the City of Waukesha
- Spire Sharing the Value of Natural Gas – The ONE Customer Communications Campaign
- Southern Company Gas Southern Company Gas and NEI Get Dirty with Mike Rowe Safe Digging Campaign
- Atmos Energy Personalized Video Helps Customers Better Understand Bills
- Atmos Energy Mobile Command Center
- TC Energy Reducing Capital Costs Through Automated Program Planning
- TC Energy GeoForce – Geospatial Threat Management Toolset
- Southern Company Gas KMI – Keep Me Informed
- Spire Sustainability Report FY2021
- Atmos Energy Kentucky’s Fish Habitat
- Southern Company Gas Virginia Natural Gas Sustainable Gas Filing
Safety & Health
- Summit Utilities Colorado Natural Gas (CNG) Safety Milestone
- Atmos Energy First Responder Natural Gas Workshop
- Southern Company Gas Transforming a Culture of Safety, Health & Well-Being Through Innovative Critical Risk Management & Southern Lifestyle
You can read more about their impressive nominations here.
About Southern Gas Association
Founded in 1908, the Southern Gas Association is the leader in natural gas training and professional development. SGA is a community of natural gas professionals across the U.S. and Canada. Representing the industry from drill bit to burner tip, SGA’s membership comprises more than 200 operators across the distribution, transmission, and gas supply marketing sectors and more than 350 industry partners. Through digital and in-person engagement, SGA members share ideas, resources, and best practices to develop people, relationships, and solutions.