SGA Committees and Task Forces
Southern Gas Association invites members to apply for committee and task force positions for the 2022–2023 year. Members who are actively serving on committees and task forces will be contacted by their SGA Committee Manager via phone or email. You will be contacted confirming your committee rostering between August 16th through August 20th and will receive a September 2022 committee meeting invitation from SGA Committees (email address: SGACommittees@southerngas.org). Beginning this year, the annual committee term is from September 1st through August 31st of the following year.
All SGA Gas Operating Members in good standing: Operators (Transmission and Distribution), Gas Supply Marketers, and Municipalities are eligible to serve on Section Managing Committees, committees, and/or task forces. Additionally, Associate Members are eligible to serve on committees and task forces. If you need to verify your organization’s membership status, contact SGA Member Services.
View a list of SGA Committees here.
Committee and Task Force Sign-Up Instructions
- SGA will accept applications from Tuesday, July 19, 2022, to Monday, August 15, 2022.
- Once you have completed your application, you will be contacted by an SGA Committee Manager between August 16–20. You will also receive a September 2022 committee meeting invitation from SGA Committees (email address: SGACommittees@southerngas.org).
Meetings and Terms
SGA members may sign-up for committees during the Call for Committee Members in August; or in conjunction with one of the two SGA Board of Director meetings, in May or November. The committee and task force term are for one year, from September 1st to August 31st of the following year.
Committees convene monthly via virtual meetings and coordinate schedules to meet one to two times per year in person.
Committee Member Duties
Committee members’ responsibilities include:
- Sharing knowledge and ideas while adhering to the Federal Trade Commission’s Anti-Trust Act.
- Expanding on existing best practices to ensure the viability of the natural gas industry.
- Serving as subject matter experts to compile information for special projects, initiatives, trainings, guides, and/or conferences that enrich the SGA membership-at-large.
- Engage on a consistent, monthly basis by providing feedback, industry trends and solutions, concepts, and brainstorming during committee meetings.
All committee members volunteer their services and once appointed, are expected to maintain active and responsive participation during their term.