An Industry in Transition
Kickoff TCEPC 2021 with this opening keynote address. Stakeholders and communities alike are asking oil & natural gas producers and operators to “think outside the box” and develop new ways to approach our shared sustainable future. Williams Companies is actively seeking ways to integrate renewable energy sources into conventional natural gas transportation and processing operations. Williams was the first North American midstream company to commit to actionable climate targets. In 2020, Williams set a measurable goal of 56% absolute reduction from 2005 levels in companywide Scop1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 2030, creating a path to reach net-zero by 2050. Ms. John is developing Williams’ strategic implementation plan to achieve net-zero and grow new business to enable our low carbon future.
Director of Business Development
“I am accelerating the clean energy transition by developing and implementing commercial strategies to move low carbon energy solutions off the shelf and into action. I stand for possibility and courage. I imagine new possibilities for people and business – and I have the courage to move those possibilities into action.
Prior to focusing on the energy transition, I built energy commodity businesses across chemicals, refined products, crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas. I led BP’s North American NGL business for 9 years during which time I delivered financial results, developed and implemented commercial strategies, and managed senior-level relationships with our customers.
I enjoy speaking at events to encourage innovation in our industry. My recent engagements include:
- Society of Petroleum Engineer’s virtual event “The Culture of Innovation: Energy Transition”, July 2020
- ERM’s “Low Carbon Economy Transition” Virtual RoundTable, June 2020
- IHS International LPG Seminar’s “Adjusting your Strategy in a Volatile Global Market”, April 2019
- NPGA’s education session “Price Risk Management Tools to Support Creative Customer Offers”, Apr 2019
- ADI Analytics’ Forum NGL and Chemicals panel, February 2019
- OPIS NGL Summit presentation on “Managing NGL Price Risk”, February 2019
- IHS International Women in LPG Lunch, April 2018
- NPGA’s education session on “Managing Propane Supply and Price Risk”, April 2018
- Platt’s Annual NGL Conference “Managing NGL Supply and Price Risk”, Nov 2017environmental policies and review processes, stakeholder issues, and interagency cooperation.”
Session Learning Objectives
Attendees will discover the types of initiatives midstream operators like Williams are pursuing to address sustainability and incorporate those activities/initiatives into commercial contracts in a viable way.
Session Target Audience
- Natural Gas Transportation Companies
- Project Developers/Project Managers
- Environmental Staff
Join us to hear about sustainable innovation and the future of the industry.
Register today to save your seat at the table!