This event is SOLD OUT. Sign up to be notified for our next class in 2023.
This 3.5 day workshop takes you through the pipeline design process from pipe sizing to post construction record keeping. The workshop is built around team activities that provide classroom instruction and all steps in the design cycle based on a real-life pipeline design project. The workshop has been updated for the new Rupture Mitigation Valve requirements coming into effect this fall.
During this workshop, we will provide:
- An overview of gas transmission pipeline systems and related facilities
- An understanding of gas pipeline regulatory code requirements
- Recognition of the importance of good project design requirements
- The fundamental knowledge you need to design and specify gas pipelines and components
Attendees will qualify for 21 Professional Development Hours (PDH) upon completion.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers responsible for pipeline design or providing pipeline O&M support
- Managers responsible for pipeline operations and maintenance
- Marketing and support staff who can benefit from an overall understanding of design requirements for gas pipelines
- Employees of companies who provide technical services and products to the gas pipeline industry
- Fee includes lunch and beverage breaks.
- Meeting materials will be sent ahead via email to attendees for downloading.
- All attendees will need to bring a scientific calculator for this workshop and their laptop for access to materials.
- For Registration Information Please Contact Member Services
- For Content Information Please Contact Martha Stedman
When & Where
December 12-14: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, CST
December 15: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM, CST
Williams Tower, Room 670
2800 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056
Meet Your Instructors
Rob Friesen, P.E., P. Eng. with Farnsworth, Group Inc.
Rob has over 30 years of experience in the natural gas transmission and distribution pipeline industry. His tenure includes consulting engineering and operating company positions in both Canada and the U.S. Throughout his career, Rob has fulfilled roles in design engineering, project management, operations support and management.
Doug Bonner, P.E. Principal, Oil & Gas with Farnsworth Group, Inc.
Doug serves as National Strategy Manager for Farnsworth Group’s Oil & Gas services and has more than 20 years of experience in leadership and management. While currently managing multi-discipline teams responsible for the completion of oil & gas projects, Doug’s responsibilities have included all phases of project development ranging from conceptual through design, implementation and project closeout across a variety of market sectors. Doug draws on a vast background of industry experience gained through valuable time spent in engineering and construction roles, including many years working for operating companies.