This informative workshop covers pipeline safety regulations, codes for pressure piping, marking and documentation of materials, inspection, quality management, and reuse criteria of piping and piping components.
Attendees will receive 6 Professional Development Hours (PDH) upon completion.
- Pipeline Safety Regulations 49 CFR Part 192
- ASME B31.8, Code for Pressure Piping:
- Consensus Standards for Materials:
- Materials Specifications
- Marking of Materials, Documentation
- Inspection of Materials, Quality Management
- Approved Vendors, Certifications with Standards Organizations
- Mistakes and Issues in the Past
- Reuse of Pipe and Components
Who Should Attend
- Purchasing department personnel and warehouse or stores personnel
- Individuals working with pipeline safety regulators (state or federal)
- Individuals in the compliance group of a Natural Gas Company
- Individuals performing design, construction or post-construction inspection or testing activities
- Individuals supervising personnel who perform operations or maintenance activities
- Individuals with subject matter expertise in operations, maintenance or corrosion control
- Individuals involved in integrity management activities
- Individuals performing audits of pipeline safety activities and records
- Individuals in the legal department and involved with pipeline safety
- Individuals in a management role responsible for pipeline engineering or operations
Meet the Instructor
John S. Zurcher, Principal, P-PIC
John has spent 30 years in the gas pipeline industry, actively involved in pipeline safety. He served as vice president of the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company, Pipeline Group, consulting to natural gas and hazardous liquid pipeline operators, trade associations and research organizations.
Previously, he worked for Columbia Gas Transmission Company as manager of field services, responsible for company compliance with federal regulations, management of capital budget programs, and development of the corporation’s risk management program.