Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors are widely used in the natural gas industry; but when and where to use each technology is less widely known. In this 3-hour virtual training, attendees will learn the key differences between reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, how to size them, and when each is the ideal technology to install. Pros and cons, including financial implications of each technology, will be viewed through the lens of real-world case studies.
This webinar acts as a fundamental baseline on a few key topics discussed in our multi-day Factors in Compressor Station Design workshop. For a more in-depth understanding of compressor station design, attendees are encouraged to also attend the workshop as well.
- Learn the fundamentals of reciprocating and centrifugal compressors
- Understand CAPEX vs OPEX cost comparisons between these two technologies
- Identify potential benefits and drawbacks of selecting one tech over the other
- Identify which compressor type to use in a variety of real-world situations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- New engineers looking to enhance their understanding of compressor technologies
- Long-time engineers looking to refresh their understanding
- Anyone looking for a high-level, value-centric approach to compressor design
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Sr. Project Manager
Mr. Shaver has 17 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, with experience across OEM, Operator, Owner, and consulting sectors. During this time, he has held the position of Professional Engineer in 18 states, with duties including various degrees of design for elements of mechanical, structural, civil, electrical, automation, and process design, project and construction management, purchasing, and quality control.