||The Environmental Interest Group provides a forum for member companies to enhance individual company and industry performance in the area of environmental management by increasing awareness of regulatory issues and providing training and information exchange.
- SGA Layman's Guide to Environmental Regulations in the Natural Gas Industry
- The SGA Layman's Guide to Environmental Regulations in the Natural Gas Industry was developed and written by industry environmental professionals and consultants to provide a basic regulatory summary of the environmental regulations that directly affect the natural gas industry. Latest Revision: 2015
- Visit the SGA Products page for more details.
- Environmental Excellence Awards
- This award recognizes companies who have made significant impacts in protecting the environment by supporting environmental programs on the job or in the community. This award program also provides a forum for sharing of innovative environmental practices. Through utilization of innovative environmental practices, SGA member companies reduce waste, save money, and contribute to the industry’s environmental protection efforts, as well as benefit the health and welfare of the nation.
- To submit a nomination, please fill out the nomination form and follow submittal instructions within the nomination form.
- Work on this program must have been completed in the previous calendar year for the current year award nomination.
- 2015 Environmental Excellence Award Recipients
- Technical Conference on Environmental Permitting & Construction
- The SGA Technical Conference on Environmental Permitting & Construction is designed to provide professionals in the pipeline design and construction industry a better understanding of the requirements associated with permitting complex projects and ensuring they are constructed per the federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. This conference is an opportunity for environmental professionals of pipeline operators and service providers to learn more about activities related to meeting the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements for pipeline construction.
More Information About Committees and Interest Groups
An interest group is a database of gas industry professionals interested in a particular subject matter. SGA members may join as many interest groups as they prefer. Each interest group is managed by a committee. Learn more about the committee that manages this interest group by downloading their Activity Plan.
Contact Gary Hines for more information.